Global population can be a bit of an enigma for some of us. This visual attempts to “showing” the size of various countries while contrasting those to the 800-poind gorilla (China -the largest) country.
In the spirit of keeping this commentary light, here are some Things to Ponder which was sent to us recently from a client:
Things to Ponder
- If poison passes its expiration date, is it more poisonous or is it no longer poisonous?
- Which letter is silent in the word "Scent," the S or the C?
- Do twins ever realize that at least one of them is unplanned?
- Why in the letter W, in English, called double U? Shouldn't it be called double V?
- Maybe oxygen is slowly killing you and It just takes 75-100 years to fully work.
- Every time you clean something, you just make something else dirty.
- The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims"
- 100 years ago, everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today everyone has cars and only the rich own horses.
Great Confusions Still Unresolved
- At a movie theater, which arm rest is yours?
- If people evolve from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?
- Why is there a 'D' in fridge, but not in refrigerator?
- Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?
Vagaries of English Language!
- Ever wonder why the word funeral starts with FUN?
- Why isn't a Fireman called a Waterman?
- How come Lipstick does not do what it says?
- If money does not grow on trees, how come Banks have Branches?
- If a Vegetarian eats vegetable, what does a Humanitarian eat?
- How do you get off a non-stop Flight?
- Why are goods sent by ship called CARGO and those sent by truck SHIPMENT?
- Why do we put cups in the dishwasher and the dishes in the Cupboard?
- Why do doctors 'practice' medicine? Are they having practice at the cost of the patients?
- Why is it called 'Rush Hour' when traffic moves at its slowest then?
- How come noses run and feet smell?
- Why do they call it a TV 'set' when there is only one?
- What are you vacating when you go on a vacation?
- Did you know that if you replace "W" with "T" in "What, Where and When", you get the answer to each of them?
FourThoughts – Jim Butler, CFP®, AIF®